What keeps me going through a gloomy, wet January – let’s be honest, there’s not much to like this month – is taking a look at what’s going on in terms of fashion on the hill for spring. And at first glance, 2022 will be anything but boring.
However, while some designers are pushing for ‘free the nipple’ tops, yes, really! – and towel-sized micro-minis, I’ve put together some style notes on pieces that we might actually feel comfortable wearing…
- Team blazers with skirts It’s as easy as it sounds. Just pair a tailored jacket with your favorite skirt and you’ve already got a head start for spring. I love the idea of this chic and extremely wearable jumpsuit. It offers you the fit that gives you confidence guaranteed by a good fit as well as the feminine ease of a skirt or a fluid dress. If you want to go further, pair a short jacket with lots of tulle
- Go hell for a leather jacket How many years have it been since you saw a really good leather or biker jacket go around? This rest essential is back in many forms for spring. Whether you’re in the ’90s mood and want to go for a slim, cuffless motorcycle style, or prefer an oversized fit with multiple zips, the choice is yours.
- Find your happy colors There are plenty of mood-enhancing hues on the horizon – consider juicy and interesting combinations like chocolate brown, bright berry undertones, and sea blue mixed together for delicious or, if that sounds like too much. to hard work, wear color from head to toe – and own it!
- Wear your 70s stripes Yes, retro stripes are back. Get ready to wear bohemian tops in ’70s diagonals paired with dark blue jeans, flared pants or dresses, and candy stripes taken all over the place for spring.
- Harness the power of all white Here’s at least one for minimalists: A shock of crisp white, worn from head to toe, will be fresh and clean for spring. Try crisp white cottons mixed with distressed white denims or silky dresses paired with white tailored jackets. Don’t spill your coffee!
- Glamorous rock after dark In an act of rebellion against all of these miserable lockdowns, the new dress code for spring will be: simply fabulous. The after dark beauty – sequins, sparkling mesh, crystals and embellished styles – is about to unleash on us, leaving a strong desire to dress up for dinner.
Hello, 70s stripes. Top, £ 210, Dodo Bar Or, net-a-porter.com
Elevate your evening outfits to fabulous in an instant. Necklace, £ 195, Hermina Athens, matchesfashion.com
The leather biker is back! Jacket, £ 119.99, mango.com
Look fresh in a pale palette. Dress, £ 89, coststores.com
You go to be rocked this with a skirt in the spring. Blazer, £ 169, massimodutti.com
Bright colors are the new mood boosters. Sweater, £ 245, Frankie Shop, net-a porter.com
Follow me on Instagram @thestylistandthewardrobe
READ MORE: The best cashmere sweaters on the street