Being the groom automatically means that the most important selection, aside from the venue of course, is your wedding attire and the outfit selection process should start two to three months before the wedding, but you can also look for something six months in advance if you’re trying to fit it. Unless you’re renting an outfit, your wedding outfit planning schedule should always take into account how long it will take to make the sherwani or suit or change the measurements, if necessary.
Dear groom-to-be, planning your wedding look in 2022 could be a daunting task with intimate and grand trends doing the rounds together, but we’re here to help you choose. In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Rumela Sen of WeddingWire India, listed some tips to help you highlight the top wedding dress trends this season:
1. Coordinate your wedding look with your partner – Coordinating with your partner will never go out of style. Celebrities like Alia-Ranbir, Deepika-Ranveer and Gauhar-Zaid were seen flaunting their matching white and gold wedding outfits earlier. This continues to be a popular trend in 2022. Apart from ivory and white, other metallic shades and red are also gaining prominence these days. If you want to make your wedding style the Bollywood way, ask your designer to weave a dream wedding lehenga and sherwani for you.
2. Mirror embroidery – Whatever outfit design you choose for your wedding, the mirror work always kills with grace. Beware of the minimal set of mirrors adorning most linen kurtas this season. Mirror work jumpsuits, especially light and airy mirror work kurtas which can also be worn with salwar bottoms, are becoming more and more fashionable in 2022. You can also choose an attractive Bundi to stand out . Tapes, Resham threads and studs are commonly used to enhance the look and feel of these kurtas.
3. Floral Print Designs – Florals are a timeless trend that you can never go wrong with. Flowers are the new favorite embroidery design of the year for pre-wedding ceremonies. We see a lot of flowers in contrasting colors, which is a new trend in the flower family this season. Look for floral embroidery in thread or acrylic to stand out. Hand-embroidered floral designs in light shades of green, blue and pink are top of our radar. You can also match the print with your partner to wear coordinated floral designs for your wedding.
4. Unconventional pastel shades – This year, shades of mint blue and green are doing the trick. You can opt for a hand-embroidered sage green sherwani ensemble or a light pink/ivory sherwani with subtle mint-dipped embroidery. After the huge success of bridgeton season 2There’s also a newfound love for lavender that has recently taken the Indian wedding industry for a new pastel swing. For those who want to explore sherwani shades in pink, complement it with a silver or slate grey/light blue or green safa and shawl.
5. Accessories you can add – When it comes to buying accessories, jumping on the trend bandwagon is not the answer. Align your wedding attire with your overall wedding theme, venue vibe, and décor before choosing the ultimate accessory designs to get your look ready. You can opt for brooches, lapel pins (especially bird-inspired designs), or beaded kalgis for a detailed look. You can also coordinate the colors of the safa and shawls with the bride – either match the same tone or choose a contrasting color with the bride’s look. For example, if the bride is wearing a white and red Banarasi look, the groom can opt for an ivory sherwani paired with a red safa. Stick to monotones and neutral safas this season with a lightweight embroidered shawl to pull together the whole sherwani look.
That’s all we can say about it. By dividing up the tasks, you will be able to eliminate all or at least most of the stress associated with organizing your big day.